St. Vincent de Paul: St. John Chrysostom/St. Elizabeth Seton Conference
The Mission of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul is to live the Gospel message by serving Christ in the poor with love, justice and joy.
Our work is done with humility and respect – bearing witness to the love that God has for all people.
The Work of our Society
The St. John Chrysostom/St. Elizabeth Seton Conference in Newmarket focuses on helping families, seniors and individuals in our community who have fallen on hard times, primarily with food vouchers.
- purchase/distribute up to 50 Good Food Network boxes of fresh fruits and vegetables monthly
- provide food vouchers and gift cards to over 160 families every Christmas
- collect and distribute over 1,000 gifts to people supported by various agencies and group homes
- source donations of gently used household items on request
- provide information on other community resources
Some ways you can contribute to the work of our Society:
- Donations to the poor box and our Christmas Collection
- Online credit card donations through CanadaHelps
- Funeral donations in lieu of flowers
- Special fundraisers – Knights of Columbus, Catholic Women’s League/Guild (CWL, CWG)
If you wish to make an online donation to the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul, please click on the button below.
Please call (905) 898-4264 and leave a message if you are in need of assistance, want information or are interested in becoming a Vincentian.
One of our volunteers will get back to you as soon as possible, usually within a couple of days.